HELEN'S Gluten Free Scone Mix (280g)
"There is nothing like soft, delicious, warm scones with cream and jam and a pot of steaming hot tea. Now you can have scones without wheat and gluten and make more of life's special moments." Helen
- Light, delicious scones, ready to bake in 2 minutes
- Confirmed low FODMAP
- Just add egg, lactose free milk and oil
- Wheat and gluten free
- Each pack makes 8-10 scones
Certified gluten free (suitable for coeliac ).
Rice Flour, Corn Starch, Potato Starch, Flaxseed Flour*, Sugar, Raising Agents (Sodium Bicarbonate, Disodium Diphosphate), Sea Salt, Stabiliser (Xanthan Gum)
* Per Fodmap Friendly, a low FODMAP serving limit for Linseeds (aka Flaxseeds or Flaxseed flour) is 15g. FODMarket has confirmed the proportion of Flaxseeds with the manufacturer. If the mix makes 8 scones, a serving of 2 scones is well within a low FODMAP serving.
For allergens: See ingredients in bold.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius/400 fahrenheit.
- Whisk 1 egg lightly in a bowl.
- Add 28g melted butter and 200mls lactose free milk and mix.
- Add the scone mix and stir with a spoon until smooth and thickened.
- Spoon dessert spoonfuls of dough onto a greased or lined non-stick baking tray.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Serve with lactose free cream and low FODMAP jam/conserve. Or try it warm with butter and BIONA Rice Syrup.
Tip: Brush the tops with beaten egg or sprinkle with soft brown sugar before baking.