MRS CRIMBLES Gluten Free Pancake & Batter Mix (200g)
Makes traditional crepe style or American thick pancakes and Yorkshire puddings.
Since 1979, Mrs Crimble has been whipping up gluten-free cakes, bakes and nibbles with oodles of know-how and a spoonful of love.
- Certified Gluten Free
Maize Flour, Rice Flour, Cornflour, Potato Starch, Raising Agents: Sodium Bicarbonate, Disodium Diphosphate, Stabiliser: Xanthan Gum
There are no allergens in the dry mix, but milk, eggs and soya are handled in the bakery in which the mix is manufactured.
Traditional Pancake instructions (makes about 10 pancakes)
- Whisk the milk, eggs and pancake mix together until smooth.
- On a high heat, add a little oil to a non-stick frying pan and pour in enough batter to cover the base.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the edges start to lift. Then flip and do the same with the other side.
American-style Pancake instructions (makes 8-10 pancakes)
- Empty Pancake & Batter Mix, sugar and baking powder into a large bowl.
- Add the eggs and gradually whisk in the milk until you have a smooth batter.
- Spoon the mixture into a well-greased flat bottom non-stick frying pan. Each pancake is 1 tbsp of mixture.
- Cook 2-3 pancakes at a time taking care to space them evenly. Cook until the underside is golden brown and bubbles are starting to appear on the top, flip and brown on the other side.
- Serve warm with your favourite topping.
Yorkshire Puddings instructions (makes 16 small puddings)
- Preheat the oven to 230 degrees Celcius (210 degrees Celcius for fan oven).
- Lightly whisk the eggs, sugar and milk in a large bowl.
- Add the Pancake & Batter Mix, beating to form a smooth batter.
- Heat some vegetable oil in a 12-hole shallow bun tin in the oven until very hot.
- Remove from the oven and carefuly pour 1 tbsp of batter into the hot oil until half full.
- Return to the oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown.
We Also Recommend
MOO FREE Dairy Free Chocolate Advent Calendar (100g)