GRASS ROOTS BAKERY Organic Gluten Free Pizza Base Mix (280g)
Now you can enjoy artisan low FODMAP pizza in the comfort of your own home. Winner of the Great Taste Award 2018, this pizza "tastes just as good as it should".
- Certified Organic
- Gluten and Wheat free
- Dairy free
- Preservative free
- Vegan friendly (can be baked with or without egg with great results)
- Makes 6 Small Pizzas or 3 Large Pizzas
Read the Fat Foodie's review of this pizza base here.
Potato Flour, Tapioca Flour, Quinoa Flour, Sugar, Yeast, Xanthan Gum*, Fine Sea Salt*.
* denotes permitted non-organic ingredient.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius/gas mark 4.
- Empty pizza mix into a large mixing bowl.
- Add an egg (30ml water if Vegan), a desert spoon of oil (sunflower or olive oil to taste) and 250ml water.
- Using an electric whisk, slowly combine and then increase speed until the pizza mixture is a smooth, thick batter.
- Place a sheet of baking paper on a baking tray and add a portion of the pizza mix batter. Using a spatula, spread the batter to a 6 inch thin round.
- Place in the centre of the oven and blind bake for between 5-10 minutes. When the pizza base is light golden and can be lifted from the baking paper, you will know it is ready. Be careful not to over cook as it will go hard. The bases should be malleable when ready to add toppings.
- Repeat steps 5 & 6 until you have used all of the batter and have the number of pizza bases you require.
- Add the toppings of your choice and bake for approximately 10 minutes or until the toppings are cooked through.
Tip: The blind baked pizza bases freeze really well and so can be prepared ahead if required. Pop out of the freezer, top and bake for a quick and delicious meal.