ANILA'S Goan Green Curry Sauce (300g)
Handmade with fresh ingredients, Anila Vaghela's delicious sauces are all onion and garlic free. An exciting find for those following the low FODMAP diet.
Anila's Goan Green Curry Sauce is a mildly spiced, fragrant sauce with mint, spinach, coriander and coconut flavours. Perfect with fish, prawns and vegetables, the sauce can be easily adapted to make curries milder or creamier with the addition of lactose free cream or yoghurt.
Winner in the Free From Food Awards 2012 Judges comments: ‘Anila's sauces are always so wonderful as she uses such beautifully fresh and pure ingredients in such perfect balance. Lovely, subtle flavours, gently permeated by the coconut milk. Deep green flavour and fantastic ingredients.’
- No Garlic or Onion
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- No added sugar
- No additives
- Two Star Gold – Great Taste Awards Winner 2010
- Best Vegan Product 2011 – Cook Vegetarian Magazine
- Winner in the Free-From Food Awards 2012
Heat Rating: 1 chilli
Serving suggestion (serves 4)
- Pour the contents of the jar into a saucepan and heat. Add your desired vegetables, meat or fish and continue to gently cook (seal) for 2 mins until they are nicely coated.
- Fill up the same empty jar with cold water and add the desired amount depending on the ingredients used.
- Cover and cook gently on a low to medium heat for 10-15 mins for a vegetable dish and up to 30 mins for a meat dish or until the food is tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Garnish with tomato wedges and fresh coriander. Serve with rice.
- If you prefer a milder curry simply add 2-3 tablespoons of lactose free cream or yoghurt towards the end of cooking.
Coconut Milk*, Fennel**, Spinach, Rapeseed Oil, Green Peppers, Coriander, Mint, Mango***, Ginger, SESAME SEEDS, Green Chillies, Lemon Juice, Salt, Spices (no onion or garlic).
For allergens, see ingredients, in BOLD CAPITALS
* Coconut milk confirmed below Monash serving limit of 75g.
** Monash allows 49g of fennel bulb per serving. Anila has confirmed that fennel used in this recipe is significantly below this limit.
*** Monash have tested and passed 40g of Mango as low FODMAP. This jar contains less than 1g of mango per serving, which is well within the low FODMAP limit.
Anila started her culinary skills at a very young age, helping her great grandmother, grandmother and mum grind spices and make curries, pickles and chutneys and even poppadums.
Anila's produce eight premium concentrated curry sauces, handmade in small batches, as well as a range of 16 chutneys, pickles and dips made with single fruits and vegetables. The firm has won 11 Great Taste Awards from the Guild of Fine Food for its products. They are free from artificial colours, additives and preservatives, and are sugar, dairy and gluten free and contain no onion or garlic, making them suitable for people with food intolerances.
Using up to twenty-three different spices, the sauces have a homemade quality just like "Mum makes" and there are certainly no imitations. You need only to taste them to appreciate the difference.
Anila says: "I believe I can bring delicious tastes and flavours to people looking for authentic Indian cooking."
We Also Recommend
BAY'S KITCHEN Sauce - Sweet & Sour (260g)
BAY'S KITCHEN Sauce - Jalfrezi Curry (260g)