CURRY ON Pakora Spice Kit (30g)
Fancy a low FODMAP pakora (indian fritter), free of onion and garlic? These are great as a starter or side when having a curry.
Curry On Cooking's Pakora Spice Kit contains no onion or garlic and, if added to other low FODMAP ingredients, can create a delicious low FODMAP meal option with minimal effort.
- Contains no onion or garlic.
- Gluten free and dairy free.
- Free from sugar, additives and preservatives.
Heat Rating: 2 chillies (mild)
Low FODMAP serving suggestion (serves 8 - as a starter/side option)
- In a bowl, sieve 250g buckwheat flour*, add the spice kit and mix well.
- Gradually add 500ml water and mix into a smooth, lump free batter.
- Add 100g finely chopped fresh spinach, 100g of finely chopped spring onion/leek (green tips only) and 1 medium potato (grated or thinly sliced). If you like your food spicy, you could add a finely chopped chilli.
- Mix until the veg are coated with the batter.
- Heat 500ml oil in a wok or pan until hot.
- Take a tablespoon of the mixture. Use another spoon to gently slide the mixture into the hot oil. Wait for the pakora to float to the top, turn and cook for 4-5 minutes until golden in colour or cooked thoroughly.
- Drain on a paper towel. Serve hot with mint yoghurt** and Anila's low FODMAP Lemon Pickle.
* Monash recommend a low FODMAP serving size of up to 100g Buckwheat flour.
** To make mint yoghurt, add mint sauce (check ingredients for FODMAPs) to lactose free yoghurt.
Sea Salt, Turmeric, Paprika, Ginger, Coriander, Chilli, Fenugreek Leaves, Cumin, Cinnamon, Black Pepper, Cloves.