DOVES FARM Gluten Free Sponge Mix (350g)
This plain Sponge Mix is not only gluten free but free from milk and peanut making it ideal for those on a free-from diet. Using only two additional ingredients this mix makes deliciously light cakes for any occasion that the whole family will love - they’ll never guess it’s gluten free!
In just a few steps, and with only eggs and oil, this Sponge Mix will make one layer cake or 12 cupcakes.
- Coeliac UK certified as gluten free
- Kosher certified
Sugar, Rice Flour, Potato Starch, Tapioca Starch, Maize Flour, Buckwheat Flour, Raising Agents (Mono-Calcium Phosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate), Thickener (Xanthan Gum).
Allergy advice: Free from Gluten, Milk, Peanut.
This product is Coeliac UK and Kosher certified.
Baking instructions - Victoria Sponge Layer Cake
- Pre-heat oven to 180 C/Fan 160 C
- Line the base of two 18cm round cake tins with parchment an dgrease the sides with oil.
- Put sponge mix in a bow. Break the eggs into the bowl, add the oil and beat eaverything together until smooth.
- Divide the mixture between the prepared cake tins and smooth the top with a knife.
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden and the sponge springs back when touched.
- Turn out the sponges onto a wire rack, remove the parchment and leave to cool.
- When cold, spread one sponge with low fodmap jam and place tht other on top.
- Sieve the icing sugar over the cake.